- About Wuxi
- E-governance Hall
- Public Service
1. Marriage registration is a necessary procedure for a legal marriage.
If a foreigner marries a Chinese national within the Chinese territory, in line with China' sMarriage Law, both parties should register with the Division of Foreign-Related Marriage Registration of theWuxi Civil Affairs Bureau. The foreign party should produce the following documents and materials:
(1) Valid passport or other valid international travel documents;
(2) Proof issued by his/her country inChinathat s/he has no spouse.
2. If a foreigner and his/her Chinese spouse voluntarily decide to divorce inChina, both parties should go to the Division of Foreign-Related Marriage Registration of theWuxiCivil Affairs Bureau to register for divorce. The foreigner should produce the following documents and materials:
(1) Marriage Certificate.
(2) Divorce Agreement signed by both parties;
(3) Valid passport and other valid international travel documents.