- About Wuxi
- E-governance Hall
- Public Service
Wuxi Municipal Government and the county-level city government, the district government, all municipal committees, offices and bureaus, and municipal institutions directly affiliated to Wuxi Municipal Government:
According to relative national and provincial rules, Wuxi Municipal Government discussed and put forward its proposal on foreign workers and Chinese with permanent residence in foreign countries participating in social insurance as follows:
1. Foreigners and Chinese with permanent residence in foreign countries in this proposal refer to persons who not only have foreign nationality or obtain the foreign permanent residence, but also possess Chinese passport, as well as hold Wuxi residence permit for overseas talents.
2. Foreigners and Chinese with permanent residence in foreign countries, after establishing labor relations with Wuxi’s enterprises can participate in the social insurance system and enjoy the treatment correspondingly according to administrative regulation for enterprises’ staff. Enterprises having established enterprise annuity system should involve these persons in the system and even give them priority treatment.
3. Foreigners and Chinese with permanent residence in foreign countries can apply for medical insurance independently. On the basis of participating in basic medical insurance system for workers, medical subsidies are offered according to medical subsidies methods for civil servants. The expense will be assumed by district’s finance.
4. The spouses of foreigners and Chinese with permanent residence in foreign countries (male under 60 years old and female under 55 years old) can either apply for social insurance according to Wuxi’s method for flexible employees or apply for basic medical insurance for workers and supplementary medical insurance independently.
5. Children of foreigners and Chinese with permanent residence in foreign countries, who study in all kinds of full-time schools in Wuxi, can participate into residential medical insurance system according to rules.
6. After participating in the medical insurance system, foreigners and Chinese with permanent residence in foreign countries, or spouses, children of these people, can enjoy corresponding medical insurance treatment (medical expense caused outbound excluded). Affairs of independent application for medical insurance of foreigners and Chinese with permanent residence in foreign countries or their spouses are handled by special agencies appointed by Wuxi Municipal Bureau of Human Resources and Social Security. The social insurance base is paid according to Jiangsu’s average wage of staff in the previous year.
7. This proposal shall be implemented after the date of promulgation.
8. Jiangyin City and Yixing City can formulate corresponding rules according to local realities and refer to this proposal.
Promulgated on November 24, 2010