- About Wuxi
The Regulations on Management of Energy Conservation of Public Institutions in Wuxi has been deliberated and passed at the 34th Executive Meeting of the Wuxi Municipal People's Government on October 20, 2014, is issued now and shall be put into force from December 1, 2014.
Wang Quan, Mayor of Wuxi
October 28, 2014
Regulations on Management of Energy Conservation of Public Institutions in Wuxi
Chapter I General Provisions
Article 1 To strengthen energy conservation management of public institutions, lower administrative operating costs and construct resource-saving and environment friendly organs, in accordance with the Law of the People's Republic of China on Energy Conservation and the Regulations on Energy Conservation of Public Institutions of the State Council and other relevant laws and rules, and combining with local realities, these regulations were formulated.
Article 2 Energy conservation work of public institutions within the area of administrative region in local city and guidance, management and supervision to energy conservation work of public institutions are suitable for these regulations.
Public institutions referred to in these regulations mean all or part state organs, public institutions and group organizations using fiscal capital.
Specific scope of public institutions shall be determined by people's governments of city, cities (counties) and districts.
Article 3 People's governments at all levels shall include energy conservation work of public institutions into annual comprehensive target performance appraisal system and propel and promote energy conservation work of public institutions to carry out.
People's governments of city, cities (counties) and districts shall strengthen leadership of energy conservation work of public institutions, establish and perfect energy conservation management system and work coordination mechanism of public institutions and include needed expenditures of supervising and administrating energy conservation work of public institutions into the same-level financial budget, thus guaranteeing sound development of energy conservation work of public institutions.
Article 4 Institutions managing office work of organs of the Wuxi Municipal People’s Government (hereinafter jointly referred to as municipal organ office management organizations), under the guidance of departments managing energy conservation work of the Wuxi Municipal People’s Government, shall be responsible for propelling, guiding, coordinating and supervising energy conservation work of public institutions in the whole city.
Institutions managing office work of organs of people's governments of cities (counties) and districts (hereinafter jointly referred to as organ office management organizations of cities (counties) and districts), under the guidance of the same-level departments managing energy conservation work, shall be responsible for energy conservation supervision and administration work of the same-level public institutions.
System competent departments including education, science and technology, culture, health and sports shall carry out science and technology work of public institutions in local system under the guidance of the same-level organ office management organizations.
Article 5 People's governments at all levels and their related departments shall organize public institutions to carry out activities including energy shortage experience and energy conservation publicity and education at regular intervals to enhance energy conservation consciousness of workers of public institutions.
Article 6 Energy conservation work of public institutions shall accept social supervision; and any unit and individual has the right of reporting public institutions’ behaviors of wasting energy resources.
Article 7 As to units and individuals making remarkable performances in energy conservation work of public institutions and accusing public institutions of seriously wasting energy resources which is confirmed, related departments shall commend and reward them according to related regulations.
Chapter II Energy Conservation Planning
Article 8 Municipal organ office management organizations shall formulate medium-term and long-term planning on energy conservation of municipal public institutions according to energy conservation planning of provincial public institutions and medium-term and long-term special planning on energy conservation of municipal people’s governments with related departments, report to the Wuxi Municipal People’s Government for approval and then implement.
Medium-term and long-term planning on energy conservation of municipal public institutions shall define contents including energy conservation job aims and indexes of public institutions of city, cities (counties) and districts.
Article 9 Organ office management organizations shall formulate the same-level public institution energy conservation planning according to medium-term and long-term planning on energy conservation of municipal public institutions and in combination with local realities with related departments at the same level.
Public institution energy conservation planning shall cover contents including aims and indexes of energy conservation, key links of energy conservation and safeguard measures and disassemble and implement aims and indexes of energy conservation determined by planning to public institutions at the same level by year.
Energy conservation planning of public institutions of cities (counties) and districts shall cover contents of energy conservation of public institutions in towns under administration.
Article 10 Public institutions shall formulate annual implementation plans of energy conservation work according to energy conservation planning and adopt energy conservation management or energy conservation reformation measures in combination with energy use features of local units and energy use situation of the last year, thus guaranteeing accomplishment of energy conservation aims.
Annual implementation plans of energy conservation work shall be submitted to the same-level organ office management organizations for record in time.
Chapter III Energy Conservation Management
Article 11 Energy conservation work of public institutions shall implement leader responsibility system. Principals of public institutions shall comprehensively be responsible for energy conservation work of local units.
Article 12 Energy conservation work of public institutions shall implement communicator system. Public institutions shall specify specially-assigned persons to hold the post of communicator of energy conservation work, responsible for collecting, systemizing, counting, analyzing, summarizing and reporting important information of energy conservation work of local units and systems.
Energy conservation work communicators shall accept energy conservation business training.
Article 13 Energy conservation work of public institutions shall implement energy consumption measurement system. Public institutions shall distinguish energy use kinds and energy use systems, implement family splitting, classification and subentry measurements of energy consumption, establish and perfect energy consumption monitoring measures and conduct real-time monitoring and analysis on energy consumption status.
Article 14 Energy conservation work of public institutions shall implement energy consumption statistical report system.
Public institutions shall appoint specially-assigned persons to be responsible for energy consumption statistics, establish energy consumption statistics standing books, record original data of energy consumption faithfully and submit energy consumption status reports to the same-level organ office management organizations within specified time.
Article 15 Energy consumption statistics of public institutions shall be included into national economic statistics system.
Organ office management organizations shall count and summarize energy consumption situation of public institutions at regular intervals with departments of statistics.
Article 16 Energy conservation work of public institutions shall implement energy consumption rating system.
Organ office management organizations shall classify and formulate energy consumption rates of public institutions according to comprehensive levels and features of energy consumption of public institutions in different industries and systems at the same level with related departments; departments of finance shall formulate expenditure standards of energy consumption according to energy consumption rates.
Energy consumption rates of public institutions shall be adjusted timely.
Article 17 Public institutions shall strengthen energy consumption expenditure management and use energy within the scope of energy consumption rate; as to those using energy overrate, they shall make written indication to organ office management organizations at the same level.
Article 18 Public institutions shall establish green procurement system, implement government procurement directory system of energy conservation products and equipment and purchase products and equipment achieving energy conservation product authentication certificates in priority.
Public institutions shall not purchase energy use products and equipment obsolete by the state, province and city in public proclamation.
Article 19 Maintenance and reconstruction of newly-built buildings and existing buildings of public institutions shall implement stipulations and standards including energy conservation design, construction, debugging and completion acceptance of related buildings, among which newly-built buildings shall distinguish energy use kinds and characters, implement family splitting, classification and subentry measures and incorporate into building energy consumption monitoring system to conduct unified management.
Construction competent departments shall organize to conduct energy conservation assessment and examination on the newly-built and transformed buildings of the same-level public institutions with organ office management organizations.
Article 20 Organ office management organizations shall formulate energy conservation transformation plans of existing buildings of the same-level public institutions and organize implementation with related departments.
Article 21 Organ office management organizations shall establish and perfect energy conservation supervision and management system and monitoring and management system of the same-level public institutions with related departments and realize energy conservation informatization and standardized management of public institutions.
Article 22 Public institutions shall conduct energy audit according to the regulations, conduct technical and economic appraisal on energy use system of local units, operation of equipment and situation of using energy and adopt measures enhancing energy use efficiency according to audit results.
Chapter IV Energy Conservation Measures
Article 23 Public institutions shall establish and perfect energy-saving operation management system and energy use system operation specifications, set up energy management posts, implement energy management post responsibility system and operation posts of key energy use system and equipment shall be equipped with professionals.
Article 24 Public institutions shall gradually propel the way of energy performance contracting and entrust energy-saving service agencies to conduct energy conservation diagnosis, design, financing, transformation and operational management.
Specific regulations of energy performance contracting of public institutions shall be formulated by the municipal organ office management organization and related departments separately.
Article 25 When choosing property service enterprises, public institutions shall consider their energy conservation management ability; when signing service contracts with property service enterprises, public institutions shall specify targets and requirements of energy conservation management.
Public institutions shall include situation of accomplishing energy-saving targets by property service enterprises into their service quality contents.
Article 26 Public institutions shall adopt the following measures to strengthen energy use management and decrease non-functional energy consumption:
(1) Establish and perfect maintenance and annual inspection registration system of key energy use facilities and equipment;
(2) Strengthen daily energy use inspection;
(3) Implement power supply according to region and time apart from those with special power use demand;
(4) Apart from areas having special temperature requirements, indoor air conditions shall set temperature of no lower than 26 temperature in summer and no higher than 20 temperature in winter;
(5) Popularize and apply illumination intelligent regulation and control equipment in public areas;
(6) Strictly control night floodlighting and decorating illumination;
(7) Maintain water facilities and equipment at regular intervals and change aged and damaged water supply lines in time;
(8) Use energy conservation products including water-saving type faucets, sanitary wares and energy-efficient illumination lamps and lanterns in priority;
(9) Implement elevator intelligent control of high-rise buildings and reasonably set elevator opening number and time;
(10) Implement key energy use monitoring on energy use facilities and equipment of parts of equipment involving machine room, mess hall and water heater room.
Article 27 Public institutions shall abide by the following regulations to strengthen official vehicle energy conservation management;
(1) Strictly enforce vehicle equipment standards, implement establishment management and control vehicle retained number;
(2) Strictly enforce vehicle scrapping system and scrap vehicles of high energy consumption and high pollution in time;
(3) Strictly enforce vehicle use system and prohibit non-business vehicle use;
(4) Strictly enforce vehicle fuel consumption standards, implement independent accounting of fuel consumption of a single vehicle and publish energy consumption situation of a single vehicle;
(5) Strictly enforce vehicle refueling, maintenance and insurance system in fixed point and implement unified management.
Article 28 Municipal organ office management organizations shall formulate response plans of restricted drive of official vehicles with related departments in allusion to different situations of climatic variation.
Article 29 Encourage and support public institutions to adopt the following energy conservation technology measures to decrease office operating costs:
(1) Enhance elevators’ intelligent level, automatically implement open and close of elevators below 3 floors without minus floor, decrease operation number of elevators in non-peak period, operate elevators of high-rise buildings according to section and control to use elevator running number and frequency at non-working time;
(2) Optimize illuminating system design, popularize and apply automatic regulation and control equipment according to district, time and level and control illuminating brightness and distribution density;
(3) Popularize technologies including micro-irrigation and trickle irrigation and implement scientific maintenance to irrigate greenbelt;
(4) Strengthen informatization and networking construction, popularize paperless office automatization and generalize application of automated office systems including videophone and network video.
Article 30 Advocate workers of public institutions to cultivate the following energy conservation behavioral habits consciously to decrease daily office expenditure:
(1) Turn off daily office energy use equipment involving air conditions, computers and copying machines to decrease stand-by energy consumption of equipment;
(2) Decrease use of one-off pens and teacups and utilize paper in both sides and repeatedly;
(3) Use natural ventilation to adjust indoor temperature and shorten service time of air conditions;
(4) Close doors and windows when using air conditions to enhance efficiency of air conditions and reduce energy consumption;
(5) Don’t take elevator to go up and down floors in short distance to reduce running frequency of elevators;
(6) Use public transport means and non-motorized traffic means to have a trip.
Chapter V Supervision and Inspection
Article 31 Organ office management organizations shall strengthen supervision and inspection on energy conservation work of public institutions at the same level with related departments. Contents of supervision and inspection contain:
(1) Formulate and implement annual energy-saving targets and situation of implementation plans;
(2) Status on energy consumption metering, monitoring, statistics and report.
(3) Status on establishing energy conservation management regulatory framework;
(4) Status on implementing energy management post responsibility system;
(5) Status on energy use and equipment energy-saving operation;
(6) Status on executing energy consumption expenditure rate and energy audit;
(7) Status on official vehicle equipment, use and fuel consumption;
(8) Other energy conservation supervision and inspection items stated by laws, regulations and stipulations.
Public institutions shall coordinate with energy conservation supervision and inspection, state relevant circumstances truthfully and provide related information and data of energy consumption.
Article 32 As to public institutions having one of the following behaviors, organ office management organizations and related departments shall order them to correct within limited time; as to those not correcting within limited time, organ office management organizations and related departments shall give notification, and related organs shall give punishment to principals of public institutions according to law:
(1) Haven't formulated annual energy-saving targets and implementation plans or put annual energy-saving targets and implementation plans on records according to the rules;
(2) Haven't implemented energy consumption metering system;
(3) Haven't established energy management posts or equipped professionals in key energy use systems and equipment operation posts;
(4) Haven't assigned specially-assigned persons to be responsible for energy consumption statistics or recorded original data of energy consumption metering faithfully and established statistical ledger;
(5) Haven't submitted energy consumption statistic data and analysis reports according to the requirements;
(6) Haven't conducted energy audit according to the rules or adopted measures enhancing energy use efficiency according to audit results;
(7) Haven't implemented energy conservation measures according to the rules;
(8) Refuse or hinder energy conservation supervision and inspection.
Article 33 As to public institutions using energy over energy consumption rate and unable to fully give reasons, organ office management organizations and related departments shall give notification and issue time-limited energy conservation rectification position paper; as to those not rectifying and reforming within limited time, related organs shall give punishment to persons who are directly in charge and other directly responsible personnel according to law, and departments of finance shall reduce to verify and appropriate financial expenditures of from 1% to 5% of the next year.
Article 34 As to public institutions not carrying out energy saving product and equipment government procurement directory to purchase products or equipment or purchase energy use products and equipment eliminated by the state in public proclamation, supervision and administration departments of government procurement shall give warning and give punishment to persons who are directly in charge and other directly responsible personnel according to law and give notification.
Article 35 As to public institutions purchasing official business vehicles beyond standard and establishment in violation of the regulations or refusing to scrap vehicles of high energy consumption and high pollution, related departments shall give punishment to persons who are directly in charge and other directly responsible personnel according to law and adopt handling ways including taking back, auctioning or ordering to return on vehicles.
Article 36 As to workers of organ office management organizations and related departments misusing authority, neglecting duties or playing favoritism and committing irregularities in energy-saving management of public institutions, give punishment according to law; as to those constituting any crime, give criminal sanctions according to law.
Chapter VI Supplementary Provisions
Article 37 Energy-saving management of public service agencies including finance, communication and colleges and universities not using fiscal capital shall carry out according to these regulations.
Article 38 These regulations shall be put into force from December 1, 2014.